Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Waiting to leave

So here I am with 5 hours to wait until we leave fro LAX. Then 4 more hours before departure and then 12 hours to Auckland and then 6 more hours of lay over the 3 hours to Port Vila in Vanuatu. I better get very used to waiting. It will mean lots of time to observe, listen, converse, write and be.
The day and half of Staging was very helpful. Got to do a skit and be the lead in the staging. Wanted to not take the lead in preparing the skit. But I was the only man and they 5 girls put me to the role of PCV. Fun stuff and excellent learning for the preliminaries.
Had to deal with one last financial hassle before I left. It was a money transfer issue. But I stayed cool and it is all good. I will be so thrilled to not have to deal with the complexities of our life style for the next couple of years.
I am so looking to slow down, get calm and learn new ways of being.
So here I am in the hotel lounge with a beer, a sandwich, chips, laptop and a cell phone. Everything will get simpler. At least I expect it so. Soon no phone, no daily internet, no internal combustion engines and a lot less English.
Gonna miss everyone and the pleasures and passions of my life. Baseball, movies, theatre, glass.
Send me stories of what is happening with you and yours. I will of course keep you informed with my news. But don’t worry if it is a few weeks before I respond.
Ciao

No comments: